Today I shall make up for yesterday’s Debbie Downer of a post by listing things about me that are good.
- I am a good driver. (TCB should stop laughing and examine his OWN driving right now.) I like to drive, I find it soothing. Even in southern California. Even when the tourists descend (which is pretty much year-round).
- I work well under pressure. This is especially important given my inclination to procrastinate (see yesterday’s post). I have whipped up A+ papers for tough graders by waking up early the morning of the day they’re due. Truly. Honestly, upon further reflection, I’m not sure if this should be classified as good.
- I call my mother every day. (I call TCB’s mom about once a week. Unless I forget. But usually, once a week.)
- I give a lot of time and money to causes that I believe in. I love that Americans are so generous and giving of their money…I sometimes wish they were as giving of their time, too. (If you want to give time to something you’re passionate about, try volunteermatch.org – I found Voices for Children there.)
- I am a really good problem solver for other people. When something needs to be done in the middle of a firestorm, I’m your girl.
- I have good hair. It’s getting a few grays but, eh, it’s still good. It gets stringy and annoying when it’s long, so I just keep it short and life is good.
- I am a good cat mommy. Mostly. Sometimes I don’t remember to get crunchy cat food on the way home and they all have to eat wet food (only Dave, the eldest, is supposed to eat that) but usually, they have it pretty good.
- I am surprisingly good with technology. For instance, I hooked up the new Apple TV that TCB sent me with absolutely no assistance from anyone.
- I can find anything on the Internet in like two minutes or less. Seriously, I am the Master of Google!
- I make a mean omelette and other breakfast-type foods. Like breakfast potatoes. And fresh squeezed orange juice. Not that I do it very often, but I could.
OK, I think that’s it. Or perhaps it’s just that I’m fed up with where I’m at and want to go home before my haircut this afternoon to take care of things. (That’s code for “take a nap”.)
Hugs for everyone, kisses for everyone I’m married to!
p.s. What does everyone think about using these for our kitchen back splash and these for the undercabinet lighting? I sent them to TCB yesterday and got no comment, so I’m opening it up to my Internet peeps…should I order them for when he gets home???