This blog is the original work of Denise Elliott, a full time Project Manager and Type II diabetic who also moonlights as wife, mom, daughter, Pug mommy, and public policy advocate. The primary focus of this blog is my quest to live a healthier life both with my diabetes and throughout every aspect of my life. I’ll talk a lot about emancipating foster youth and the struggles they face, active duty military/veterans/military families, and the importance of proper labeling of ingredients in food products as well as my on-going efforts to eat better food and be naturally active.
Here are some quick statistics about my influence and connectedness (as of 7:00 pm Pacific, August 8, 2012):
- This blog receives between 600 and 800 visits per month with an average of 50 page views per day
- I have 536 followers on Twitter
- This blog’s Facebook page has 55 “Like”s
- My Pinterest account has 16 boards containing 101 pins that have received 12 likes from 63 followers
- My Klout score is 50, I influence 687 others, and I’m influential about 20 topics including: San Diego, blogging, moms, photography, fitness, politics, and advocacy
Please read the Blog with Integrity section of my Policies page first then if you’d like to support this blog by creating an advertisement for my sidebar, see my rates and policies below.