When last we chatted, I was telling you all about what a pleasant and productive April and May I had. OK, perhaps that wasn’t exactly how it went, but I got through April and May, Project Me is still going strong, and I’m ready to set some goals for June.
Let’s first look back at my bigger goals for 2013, which are
- fasting blood sugar reading below 130 mg/dL
- triglycerides reading less than 150 mg/dL
- body weight at or below 220 pounds,
- and an improved quality of life as perceived by me
Turns out that I’d blown away all four of those goals before the end of April, so I’ll need to think about new, challenging/inspirational goals to work on between now and December 31st. (Look for that post Coming Soon.) That being said, I know the general direction I want to head, so let’s look at how I can make progress in the next 30 days.
Goals for June:
- Get a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate intensity cardio activity PLUS two strength training* sessions each week
- *Make an appointment with a trainer at the gym!
- Have fun: incorporate at least one fun activity into each week (sewing, knitting, crochet, lunch with a friend, bike ride, pedicure, get hair done) – it’s sad that I have to be so serious & focused about having fun but that just seems to be the way it works for me!
- At least one fruit or veggie with each meal
- Eat at least 25 grams of fiber every day
- Don’t buy any clothes for a month – believe it or not, this one is definitely going to be the most difficult for me since I’ve become quite the clothes-a-holic since I stopped using food to numb my feelings.
So that’s what I’m going to be working on for June – what will you accomplish in the next 30 days?