My goals for 2014 have been published and they include:
- Achieve a healthy Body Mass Index by weighing 140 or fewer pounds,
- A waist circumference measurement of 30 inches or less,
- Body fat between 23 and 33%,
- Complete a 10K event in 75 minutes or less,
- Park both cars in our garage at the same time
So, will I work on for the next 16 days?
- Re-do the Up & Running 5K course that I started (then stopped) last year – I just started Week 3 of the (8-week) course yesterday and am optimistic that I’ll be able to finish this time. My running is faster and smoother than it was when I tried it last year, although I still have trouble with the breathing part.
- Concentrate on clearing out one quarter of the garage, both of us, for 15 minutes each weekend – We have lived in this house, or I have, for not quite six years now and there are still boxes packed from when we/I moved. That’s my part of this mess, along with all of my paraphernalia from my stint as a Stella & Dot stylist last year. TCB is a packrat and also incredibly messy/not detail oriented. He’s got boxes of American Legion stuff that needs to be dealt with as well as just scraps of paper, bits of plastic, etc, plus miscellaneous junk we haven’t used since he got home from Japan in 2009 and won’t ever use, no matter how much we think we might one day. His poor car can’t ever get into the garage so he has to wander like a demented nomad at night when he gets home just to find a place to park. We have a two-car garage and we will be able to park two cars in there before the end of the day on December 31st! By spending just 15 minutes each weekend between now and then, that’s nearly 13 hours for each of us to dedicate to this endeavor, hopefully without getting completely overwhelmed before we’ve started.
Someone please make me feel better and tell me about your own, shameful hoarding/clutter bug ways?