I know it’s nearly halfway through March and here I am with my goals – shame! Work has just slammed me to the wall and we’ve had some domestic upheaval around here – not TCB and I and not the furkids – so I just haven’t had the time or the energy to write.
I have, however, had the energy to go to the gym 21 days out of 28 in February and 6 days out of 8 so far in March, and I feel very good about that.
I also tracked every morsel – no matter whether it was “good” (whatever that means) food, healthy food, a healthy or unhealthy amount of food – if I ate it or drank it, I tracked it. My Fitness Pal is my new best friend!
So what are my plans for (the rest of) March?
Let’s first look back at my bigger goals for 2013, which are
- fasting blood sugar reading below 130 mg/dL
- triglycerides reading less than 150 mg/dL
- body weight at or below 220 pounds,
- and an improved quality of life as perceived by me
Goals for March:
- Make appointments with my endocrinologist (Diabetes doctor), my general practitioner (for my annual exam), and my optometrist – I’ve done the first two already, so one to go
- Work out at gym five or six times a week, 45 minutes each visit – need to increase my intensity because my heart rate isn’t even getting into the “moderate” exertion zone at this point but I don’t want to push my body faster than my legs can take me at this point, so it will be a slow increase
- Eat at least two servings of fruit and three servings of vegetables on three days a week – I’m currently not getting much fruit at all, so this will be a good improvement for me
- Cook dinner at home at least twice a week – if you’ve been reading for a while, you know that I don’t currently eat at home at all. I do manage to stay within my recommended calories and get loads of veggies, but I would like to have more control of the ingredients and preparation. Besides, it would really be nice to know what I’m having for dinner before we get in the car and go back and forth about where to go for dinner. I will need to prep everything up front but it’s still d0-able.
- Schedule an anti-aging facial and make it a monthly thing – I am seeing improvement in the wrinkles but I know that professional treatments will make that even better. Also, I’ve been breaking out along my chin and I’m hoping the cleansing and extractions will help with that